2019 MATRIX AWARD HONOREES & PRESENTERS ANNOUNCED Honoring Female Leaders in the Communications Industry MSNBC’S MIKA BRZEZINSKI TO EMCEE CEREMONY
Photo MSNBC’S MIKA BRZEZINSKI
New York Women in Communications (NYWICI) announces the honorees and the presenters of the 2019 Matrix Awards—given annually since 1970 to honor the most extraordinary women in the communications industry for their accomplishments and contributions. The 2019 Matrix Awards will be hosted by Bloomberg Media Group at the Sheraton New York Times Square on May 6th and will be emceed by 2018 Matrix Award Winner, Mika Brzezinski, Co-Host, MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Founder, Know Your Value.
One of the most prestigious awards in the communications field, the Matrix Awards are expected to draw more than 1,000 people to attend the awards luncheon to celebrate these trailblazers who are changing the world. Chosen for their impact and influence in the industry and on our culture, the 2019 honorees will join a remarkable group of past Matrix Award winners who represent the best in class.
2019 Matrix Award Honorees & Presenters
- Padma Lakshmi, Host
and Executive Producer, “Top Chef,” Best-Selling Author, Food Expert,
Ambassador for ACLU Immigration & Women’s Health, United Nations
- Presented by Sarah Barnett, President, Entertainment Networks, AMC Networks
- Kate Lewis, Chief Content Officer, Hearst Magazines
- Presented by Jessica Pels, Editor In Chief, Cosmopolitan
- Jeanine D. Liburd, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, BET Networks
- Presented by Bob Bakish, President & CEO, Viacom
- Susan Magrino, Chairman & CEO, Magrino PR
- Presented by Martha Stewart, Emmy Award-winning Television Host, Entrepreneur, Best-selling author and Lifestyle Expert
- Norah O’Donnell, Co-Host, “CBS This Morning”, Contributor, “60 Minutes,” CBS News
- Presented by Gayle King, Co-host, “CBS This Morning”, Editor at Large, O The Oprah Magazine
- Kathy Ring, CEO, Starcom USA
- Presented by Renetta McCann, Chief Inclusion Experience Officer, Publicis Groupe
- Lisa Sherman, President and CEO, The Ad Council
- Presented by Bruce Gordon, Retired Verizon Executive, Former CEO, NAACP
- Sally Susman, Executive Vice President, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, Pfizer
- Presented by Albert Bourla, DVM, PhD, CEO, Pfizer
“We proudly honor these inspiring women who represent the best of our industry,” said Judith Harrison, President, New York Women in Communications and Senior Vice President, Diversity and Inclusion, Weber Shandwick. “Their impact is felt far and wide, truly exemplifying the theme of the Matrix Awards, ‘Women Who Connect the World,’ and we look forward to celebrating their achievements.”
“The contributions of women across the media landscape cannot be overstated,” said Justin B. Smith, CEO of Bloomberg Media Group. “We are proud to support The Matrix Awards and New York Women in Communications, a like-minded organization that shares Bloomberg Media Group’s longstanding commitment to elevating and celebrating women in the industry. We congratulate this year’s honorees on their outstanding achievements.”
Proceeds from the Matrix Awards go towards a full range of scholarships and educational programs for women, whether they are just beginning or are embarking on a career transition. To date, NYWICI’s Foundation, the largest for communications scholarships for women in the country, has given more than $1.7 million dollars in scholarships.
TICKETS: Individual tickets, tables and information on sponsorship opportunities are now available at www.nywici.org.
Follow Us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NYWICI
Matrix hashtag: #matrix19
About New York Women in Communications New York Women in Communications helps women to stay ahead of the ever changing landscape of communications and supports the advancement of women at every stage of her career through scholarships, grants and educational programming.
About Bloomberg Media Group
Bloomberg Media Group is the leading multi-platform global business and financial media company, reaching a premium audience of more than 80 million consumers. Powered by Bloomberg News journalists and analysts, we break news, analyze data, share perspectives and tell the stories leaders need to know. Bloomberg Media Group connects influential audiences to news, ideas and intelligence across every platform: digital, TV, radio, print and live events.
SOURCE New York Women in Communications